Football Friday Menu Planning ~ Eagles Vs. Falcons
The first week of football was very exciting and I am so glad my family is back to spending lazy Sunday’s together. This week’s highlight game is the Eagles and the Falcons. I am excited about this weeks menu so let’s jump right in!
What comes to mind when I say Philadelphia?… Cheesesteak BABY!!! The problem is, I don’t want to miss the game because I am standing in the kitchen making cheesesteaks so the next best thing is a crockpot version. Make the filling ahead of time and let everyone make their own sandwich.
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches…Crockpot Style!
- 1 pound thinly-sliced round steak
- 2 large onions, sliced into strips
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, finely-minced
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. freshly-ground pepper
- 4 hard rolls (submarine, kaiser or hoagie rolls)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Place the sliced onions and green peppers in the bottom of the Crock Pot. Lay the round steak slices on top of the vegetables. Whisk together the minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and pepper. Pour over steak slices. Cover. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
Preheat the oven to broil. Slice the rolls, lengthwise, but not all the way through. Place steak, green peppers and onions on roll. Top with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Broil two minutes or just until the cheese is melted and the roll is lightly toasted.
A great cheesesteak does not leave room for much snacking but there is ALWAYS room for dessert! This weeks dessert is keeping with that Philadelphia theme but adding in some sweet Atlanta goodness. We are going from cheesesteak to cheesecake!
Bite Size Cheesecake with Spiced Peaches
- 2 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- vanilla wafers
- 2″ aluminum mini baking cups
Sweet Georgia Peach Smash
- 8 to 12 mint leaves
- 2 to 3 fresh peach slices
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup (Recipe Below)
- 2 ounces Black Tea Bourbon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water